[Openswan Users] Connecting two NATed clients to the same Openswan Server

Ravi Verma ravi.verma at telecommand.com
Tue Aug 30 15:15:32 CEST 2005

Hello Friends:

I have two of my colleagues at a customer site connecting to the Openswan
server at the office. One of them is using Openswan on Linux and the other
one is L2IP/IPSec.

The Openswan sees the same IP address from both of them because both of
them are behind the same Firewall. We get the following entry in
/var/log/secure when the second person tries to connect.

Aug 29 17:20:28 lb pluto[2867]: "roadwarrior-l2tp"[2] XX.XX.XX.XX #3:
Virtual IP XX.XX.XX.XX/XX is already used by '@ravi.telecommand.com'.

We do not need to have both the clients connected simultaneously. It is
okay for the person on Linux to disconnected so that the person using
L2TP/IPSec can connect.

How can we clear the place on the Openswan server which keeps the
information pertaining to the first connection so the second client can
connect after the first connection has ceased to exist?

I appreciate your help.

--
Kind regards.

Ravi Verma
Chief Executive Officer
Telecommand Software and Services
2210 Plaza Drive, Ste 150
Rocklin, CA 95765
Phone: 9167053261, 866-220-RAVI (Toll-free)
Fax: 9169142008
www.telecommand.com