[Openswan Users] Connectivity problem...

Yiannis Mavroukakis yiannis at jaguarfreight.com
Tue Aug 30 13:32:08 CEST 2005

> Aug 29 09:37:43 firewall pluto[29266]:   including NAT-Traversal patch
> (Version 0.6c)
> Aug 29 09:37:43 firewall pluto[29266]: 1 bad entries in
> virtual_private
> - none loaded

>>That needs fixing.

Done

> #1: STATE_MAIN_R3: sent MR3, ISAKMP SA established
> {auth=OAKLEY_RSA_SIG
> cipher=oakley_3des_cbc_192 prf=oakley_sha group=modp2048} Aug 29
> 09:38:08 firewall pluto[29266]: ERROR: "roadwarrior-l2tp"[2]
> 83.x.x.241 #2: netlink write() of XFRM_MSG_ALLOCSPI message for Get
> SPI
> esp.0 at 217.x.x.83 failed. Errno 111: Connection refused

> >Did you load on the netkey modules properly? including xfrm4_tunnel?

Everything needed is compiled into the kernel.

> #2: next payload type of ISAKMP Hash Payload has an unknown value: 180

> Aug 29 09:38:11 firewall pluto[29266]: "roadwarrior-l2tp"[2]
> 83.x.x.241
> #2: malformed payload in packet

> >This is either a wrong PSK, or a bad openswan version. (I believe
some
> >2.2 and 2.3.0 sometimes showed this error)

I'm running 2.4.0rc1. I'll test again this afternoon and I'll let you
know

If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient. Jaguar Freight Services and any of its subsidiaries
each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its
networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized
to state them to be the views of any such entity.