[Openswan Users] Can't ssh into external interface when tunnel up with "leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0"

bigred at teksavvy.com bigred at teksavvy.com
Thu Aug 11 13:00:58 CEST 2005

Using Freeswan 1.91.

I think this problem has been discussed on the old Freeswan users mailling list that appears to no longer be reachable.

I have a tunnel where leftsubnet is 0.0.0.0/0 (the Freeswan documentation refers to this as "The Internet as a big subnet").  When the tunnel is down I can ssh to the external IP fine.  When the tunnel is up, I ssh across the tunnel fine, but can't ssh to the external IP.  I've spent days trying to find a solution to this the problem with no success.

Is there a way this can be done?

TIA