[Openswan Users] polstore.dll error

Richard Pickett Richard.Pickett at CSRTechnologies.com
Thu Aug 11 03:02:22 CEST 2005

Running openswan on a linux box, trying to connect a XP client to it. XP
has all the latest updates and patches from windowsupdate.microsoft.com
including SP2.

When I try to run "ipsec" from the command line I get a popup dialog
that says:

"the procedure entry point ?DSLibRelease at DSLibRefCount@@UAEXXZ could not
be located in the dynamic link library polstore.dll"

I click OK, and the code continues to run but it doesn't make a
connection. This is the output (the dialog pops up right after "Getting
running Config ..."):

<output>
F:\Program Files\ipsec>ipsec
IPSec Version 2.2.0 (c) 2001-2003 Marcus Mueller
Getting running Config ...
Microsoft's Windows XP identified
Setting up IPSec ...

        Deactivating old policy...
        Removing old policy...

Connection vpn.csrtechnologies.com:
        MyTunnel     : 192.168.1.17
        MyNet        : 192.168.1.17/255.255.255.255
        PartnerTunnel: india1.internal.csrtechnologies.com
        PartnerNet   : *
        CA (ID)      : C=US,ST=Kentucky,L=Bowling Green,O=CSR
Technologie...
        PFS          : y
        Auto         : start
        Auth.Mode    : MD5
        Rekeying     : 3600S/50000K
Error 0xcbbb0012 occurred:

The authentication method specified is invalid or unsupported.
</output>

Then the program continues on but of course it doesn't get anywhere
after that.

Maybe the "auth method specified is invalid..." error is not related.

My full ipsec.conf on the winxp is:

conn vpn.csrtechnologies.com
	left=%any
	right=india1.internal.csrtechnologies.com
	rightsubnet=*
	rightca="C=US,ST=Kentucky,L=Bowling Green,O=CSR Technologies
.com\,
Inc.,CN=vpn.csrtechnologies.com,E=Richard.Pickett at CSRTechnologies.com"
	network=auto
	auto=start
	pfs=yes

Thanks! Any help would be greatly appreciated.