[Openswan Users] VPN advice

aknisely at verizon.net aknisely at verizon.net
Wed Apr 20 16:55:54 CEST 2005

My company wishes to use open source software to configure a VPN. Is there an advantage to using OpenSwan instead of OpenVPN, and if so, what is it. Based on my research OpenVPN looks easier to configure. We use only Linux servers and need employees with Windows 2000/XP laptops to be able to connect as Road Warriors from any location in the USA. Our internal network lies inside a Cisco PIX 515 firewall. We have a T1 coming into our gateway. Any advice would be greatly appreaciated. Thank you.

A. Knisely
Project Manager