[Openswan Users] openswan 2.3.1 + klips + fc3 = kernel panic

Daniel Wittenberg daniel-wittenberg at starken.com
Mon Apr 11 09:19:38 CEST 2005

I've got a test firewall that's been working fine with the FC3-provided
openswan, but wanting to have klips support back again I added the
openswan yum repo and then tried the automated way to update it:

yum -y install openswan openswan-klips

This was after I had shut ipsec off, and rebooted, so there could be a
clean install.  I run modeprobe ipsec and the module loads without a
problem, until I run 'service ipsec start'.  The ipsec0 interface comes
up, and the tunnel says established, then the machine kernel panics.  I
also tried re-compiling the src.rpm and the same thing happens.  Any
idea how to further troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Dan