[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.3.1, RHEL 3, interface ipsec0

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Apr 11 12:37:45 CEST 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Morgan Marodin wrote:

> How can I obtain interface ipsec0 in my RHEL 3 with kernel 2.4.21-27.0.2.EL?

That configuration is not supported, because RHEL3 kernels are 2.4-2.6 hybrids.
It is very unlikely that we will try to support that platform. If someone
sends us a patch we will ofcourse integrate it. Otherwise, you're looking at
hiring Xelerance to make this happen.

If you upgrade that machine to RHEL4, you are running (AFAIK) I real 2.6
kernel, and then you can use 'make module26' again.