[Openswan Users]

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Oct 28 11:51:44 CEST 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Joseph Commisso wrote:

> I have this problem where I type:
>
> "service network restart"
>
> and I lose the internet.

If you are using KLIPS (have ipsec interfaces) and you do a network restart
that involves removing/adding network interfaces (eg pcmcia cards or pptp ppp
devices) then you must restart ipsec as well (or use tuncfg to bind the
virtual ipsec interface to the 'new' physical interface).

> I have found that if I type this sequence, all seems to be ok:
>
> service ipsec stop
> service network restart
> service ipsec start
>
> Does anybody know if there is some way to fix this so that I don't have to

you can change the starting order by renaming the startup files in the
runlevel directorues in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ (or whatever your current runlevel is)