[Openswan Users] losing internet access with network restart (DHCP connection)

Joseph Commisso commisj at cs.sunyit.edu
Wed Oct 27 23:07:31 CEST 2004

Hi list members,

I have this problem where I type:

"service network restart"

and I lose the internet.

Here is what I get:

ping 150.156.192.10
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted

I have found that if I type this sequence, all seems to be ok:

service ipsec stop
service network restart
service ipsec start

Does anybody know if there is some way to fix this so that I don't have to
work it like this? In the past, I was losing the internet for no apparent
reason, but I have tracked it down to this and I have not tested it enough
to know if it will get "disconnected" while I am not near it.

TIA
Joe Commisso