[Openswan Users] RedHat6.0, Openswan 1.0.7, and now OpenSSH

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat Oct 23 20:20:56 CEST 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Marshall, Jonathan wrote:

> RPM 4.4 reports several unsatisfied dependencies, even though I have the
> files its looking for (including some of the files from
> glibc-2.1.3-22.i386.rpm, which I have installed).  I decided to --nodeps
> with RPM just to see what happens (doesn't take me long to reinstall RedHat
> 6 if I trash it).  I can then install OpenSSH, but when I try to start the
> daemon, I get errors saying I am still missing .so files, including
> libgcc_s.so.1.  This comes from the libgcc RPM, which I cannot find one for
> RedHat6.0.

You should build a new openssh with rpmbuild -bb and then install the binary
package.

> [root@ openswan-1.0.7]# export KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux-2.2.5
> [root@ openswan-1.0.7]# make module minstall
> rm –f out.kbuild out.kinstall
> egrep –q ‘^CONFIG_MODULES=y’ /usr/src/linux-2.2.5/.config
> make: *** [module] Error 1
> [root@ openswan-1.0.7]#

can you try enabling module support in your kernel? Otherwise you cannot
use make mdoules, but have to use 'make applypatch' that patches the kernel
and then run make oldconfig to make it part of the kernel itself, instead
of being a module.