[Openswan Users] "Delete SA payload" killing tunnel

Matthew Claridge mclaridge at rwa-net.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 18:02:31 CEST 2004

Well, looks like I've sorted that problem..........

However, the tunnel is going idle when there's no traffic through it and
it isn't 'woken up' by traffic coming from the remote (cisco) end, only
if I send traffic from this end.

Seeing as most of the traffic comes through from the other end, this is
a bit of a problem. Short of having a script which pings the remote side
every 5 minutes, is the a way to make openswan keep the tunnel up, or at
least allow remote traffic to wake it up?

cheers
Matt

--
*Matthew Claridge*