[Openswan Users] Problem with openswan and roadwarrior on the same subnet

Tommaso Di Donato el.dido at tiscali.it
Fri Oct 15 11:52:42 CEST 2004

Hi to all.
Sorry, I lurked a lot to find an answer to my problem... But I'm still in
a mess.
I would like to use a linux box as a firewall/vpn box just to protect a
wireless lan;
wireless clients are WinXPs with ssh sentinel
this is the basic scheme
____         ___________            ___________         __________
LAN |------ | firewall/vpn |-------- |Access Point | ----- | Notebook |

My problem is that "external" interface of openswan is in the same subnet
of APs and notebook! i.e:
lan:          10.10.10.0/24
VPN int:   10.10.10.254
VPN ext:  10.10.11.1 (/24)
WLAN:     10.10.11.0/24

I tried a lot, but it doesn't work! With tcpdump, when i ping a LAN pc from
a laptop,
I can see that each packet arrives crypted but also in clear! I can immagine
that
my vpn box can't forward replies because the client is on the same subnet.

If i use another pc in the LAN as a vpn concentrator (so in another subnet),
everything works.
Any hints?
thxs in advance

Tom

Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free: naviga gratis tutto l'anno!
Supera tutti i limiti di velocita' con Tiscali Adsl 2 Mega Free.
Sei libero da costi fissi e, se ti abboni entro l'8 novembre,
navighi gratis tutto l'anno.
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/