[Openswan Users] Problems connecting to OpenSwan setup using x509 Certs

Daniel Bartlett dbartlett at pmsi-consulting.com
Thu Oct 14 18:24:31 CEST 2004

Hi,

Yep it is XP + SP2.

Sorry I had forgotten to mention that I had figured that was the
problem.
Since I have been trying with the 2.3.0dr1 release(wanting the ipsecX
interfaces) when I added the specific protocol/port(17/1701) I got a
kernel panic!
So I am currently recompiling a normal kernel with none of the patches
in and will try that.

Am I correct in thinking that if I do not specify any protocol/port then
all will be allowed?? Or is it "better" to specify %all/%all  ??

Also I have reduced the config quite a bit... If anyone has got
suggestions on a better one I'd love to hear it.

[root at fedora-1 OpenSwan]# cat /etc/ipsec.conf
version 2.0

config setup
        interfaces="ipsec0=eth0 ipsec2=eth2"
        klipsdebug=none