[Openswan Users] 2 certificates on the same PC

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Mon Nov 1 23:00:19 CET 2004

Foren Titze wrote:

> im using an IPSEC Tunnel with X509 Certs to the LAN on my workplace.
> now i would use another different cert for my internet connection in my
> university per wlan.
>
> when i try to establish the connection to my workplace, the ppp-l2tpd
> connection uses the false cert.
> how can i tell my computer to use the other cert?
>
> i use windows xp SP2

I assume that with "my computer" you are referring to the Windows box,
not the Openswan server. And either the connection to your workplace or
the one to your university works, but not both. One of them does not
work.

Are you sure that the server is using a certificate that has been issued
by the exact same CA that issued the second client certificate?

Perhaps you could try the following ipsec.conf option:
leftsendcert=always

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl