[Openswan Users] no connection is known for...

Juha Pietikäinen juha.pietikainen at connet.net
Sun May 23 12:01:48 CEST 2004

Hi,

I would suggest that you set up Openswan servers L2TP part and try with it.
Plain IPsec should work if you get IPsec SA established in your secure log.

I'm not familiar with ICMP 348. UDP 348 seems to be Cabletron Management
Protocol and I've never heard about it. Maybe you have some kind of special
application running on Windows XP client that tries to send these packets
via IPsec tunnel to the Openswan server.

I haven't tried connection without L2TPD installed on the Openswan server.

If you are still having troubles, it would be good idea to test your
L2TP/IPsec connection first from the same LAN as your Openswan server if
this is possible. This will help you to ensure that you have working server
configuration. Things come more complicated with Internet.

Regards

Juha Pietikäinen