[Openswan Users] no connection is known for...

Mark Frost mfrost at westnet.com
Sun May 23 01:20:30 CEST 2004

Hmmm.  I just ran a tcpdump on the OpenSwan gateway and after I start
the XP side, I see lots of

00:09:47.142305 IP X.X.X.X > Y.Y.Y.Y: icmp 348: X.X.X.X udp port 500
unreachable
00:09:48.554227 IP Y.Y.Y.Y.500 > X.X.X.X.500: isakmp: phase 1 I ident

again,
where
X.X.X.X = public/external address of OpenSwan gateway
Y.Y.Y.Y = public/external address of local Linksys router (WinXP client end)

So if I'm reading this right, the OpenSwan gateway is not able to send
UDP packets to port 500 on my Linksys router.  It's not clear to me how
I can tell why -- is it my ISP, or is it my Linksys box somehow?

I am not currently trying to make L2TP work.  The instructions I've been
going through on Jacco de Leeuw's web site talk about getting the
OpenSwan part working first, then once that's going, messing with L2TP.
<http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/contact/index.html>

Thanks

Mark