[Openswan Users] NAT-T in native stack??

Rene Mayrhofer rene.mayrhofer at gibraltar.at
Wed May 19 10:30:33 CEST 2004

mcr at xelerance.com wrote:
>   I'd like to hear from Rene:
>
>   1) why this is necessary?		(L2TP with win2k is an answer,
> 					 but not a very good one)
Direct interop with Win2k/WinXP, as Nate already pointed out - he has a
lot more experience with that setting than I have.

>   2) why Debian can't enable it as they see fit? (and therefore take
>      responsibility for the issue!)
Of course I could, but I would like to make such a decision in an
informed and open way. The best, at least in my opinion, would be if the
Debian package behaves exactly like upstream. Then no special
consideration for Debian users will be necessary.

>   3) if two kernel packages might be more appropriate.
I though it wasn't an issue of kernel packages, but of pluto ? NAT-T
will work with the default Debian 2.6.5 kernel, according to Nate.

>   We have no test cases for transport-mode NAT-T. So, before it was
> turned on, we'd need test cases for it to be written.
As Ken wrote, it seems to be already turned on by default in 2.1.2. Do
the tests already exist ?

best regards,
Rene