[Openswan Users] Openswan 2.1.2cvs debian packages

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Fri May 14 13:40:12 CEST 2004

Hey all,

I've built new Debian packages of Openswan 2.1.2cvs, taken on 05/13/2004.
These are based purely on Rene's 2.1.1 package. Note that I am not a
Debian developer; I just kludge things together occasionally.  :)

sources.list entry:
deb http://www.natecarlson.com/downloads/openswan/ ./
deb-src http://www.natecarlson.com/downloads/openswan/ ./

These work a fair bit better than the Openswan packages currently in
Debian (they don't core dump when loading a CRL, for instance). I've
tested the package with the following kernels:

- 2.4.26, custom built (no 26sec), ipsec.o built from
  openswan-modules-source:
  - all works, including nat-t

- 2.4.26, Debian kernel (26sec supported), using 26sec:
  - all works, including nat-t

- 2.4.26, Debian kernel (26sec supported), using ipsec.o from
  openswan-modules-source:
  - nat-t does not work; udp-encaps errors.

- 2.6.5, Debian kernel (26sec), using 26sec:
  - all works, including nat-t

Note that with the name I'm using for the package, Debian may very well
consider it newer than the full 2.1.2 release when it comes out, unless
Rene raises the serial number for the package.

Let me know if you have any issues with the package - hope this helps
someone else!