[Openswan Users] Best linux for openswan?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Mar 17 20:33:31 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Amit Saxena wrote:

> Can anybody tell me the IPSEC and NAT related things for redhat latest
> release, Fedora Core 2 (testing stage) ?

FC2 uses the 2.6 kernel, and has the new NAT-t stuff in the kernel.

> And what about the 2.4.25 kernel ? Can anybody let me know the rpm for
> that kernel and all needed openswan packages for that (for redhat 9.0) ?

We are still working on changing our buildfarm to generate openswan rpms, just
like we did with the freeswan rpms in the past. But you can always grab the
source and try 'make rpm' (for openswan-2) to build packages. Note that you
will need to apply the nat-t patch seperately; we can't patch it automaticly
because we currently do not detect whether some nat-t patch has already been
applied to the kernel.

Lots of things on the todo list.

Perhaps see you at CeBIT,