[Openswan Users] Best linux for openswan?

Brad Chang openswan at dotnoc.com
Wed Mar 17 11:17:17 CET 2004

Is there a good howto of what I need to patch etc? and also how to optimize the
os/kernel for a good stable high connection free/openswan installation?

if it wont work with the in kernel support is there a patch for the kernel to
make it work? I am now thinking of useing openswan-1.0.2rc1.tar.gz with the
debian 2.4.25 kernel. is there any patching that needs to take place and does
the openswan downloaded from openswan.org have the NAT-T patch with native KLIPS
code?

thanks for all the information it is greatly appreciated :-)
-Brad

Quoting Nate Carlson <natecars at natecarlson.com>:

> On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> > I am told (but haven't verified) that the latest Debian stock kernels
> > include NAT-T patches for IPSec.
>
> Debian includes the 26sec support in both their 2.6 kernels and backported
> to their 2.4 kernels. The newest Debian FreeS/WAN package (2.04-8)
> includes a working NAT-T patch with the native KLIPS code; I'm not sure if
> it'll work with the in-kernel support, though.
>
> Hopefully the Debian package will be changed to Openswan soon.  :)

Thanks and best regards,
-Brad Chang
-http://www.dotnoc.com