[Openswan Users] Best linux for openswan?

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Wed Mar 17 12:59:14 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> I am told (but haven't verified) that the latest Debian stock kernels
> include NAT-T patches for IPSec.

Debian includes the 26sec support in both their 2.6 kernels and backported
to their 2.4 kernels. The newest Debian FreeS/WAN package (2.04-8)
includes a working NAT-T patch with the native KLIPS code; I'm not sure if
it'll work with the in-kernel support, though.

Hopefully the Debian package will be changed to Openswan soon.  :)