[Openswan Users] Certificates not being sent

Marcus Better marcus at dactylis.com
Thu Mar 11 16:51:34 CET 2004

After upgrading from FreeS/WAN 2.05+X.509 patch v1.5.3 to Openswan (CVS)
without changing configuration files, my X.509 certificate-based
connection stopped working.

In the logs I can see Pluto of FreeS/WAN 2.05 sending an "ISAKMP
Certificate Payload" to the remote host (which runs isakmpd). But this
does not happen with Openswan. Instead it seems to just send a UFQDN as
identifier.

Can anyone say if something has changed in Openswan? I can send the
complete pluto logs if necessary.

Thanks,

Marcus B.