[Openswan Users] openswan 2.1.0rc1 and crls

Desai, Jason jase at sensis.com
Tue Mar 9 11:52:49 CET 2004

> > I have been trying to get IPSec/L2TP working from my Pocket PC to a
> > linux server.  I have been able to get this to work using FreeSwan.  But
> > cannot get this working when the Pocket PC is NATed.  So, I am trying to
use
> > openswan 2.1, which has support for NAT-T.
>
> I don't know about pluto crashing with CRLs but I do know that
> NAT-T works (to some extent) with SuperFreeS/WAN 1.99.8:
> http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/freeswan-pocketpc.html

Your pages have been very helpful, and where I first started when trying to
get this to work.  I would like to use the Linux 2.6 IP stack - makes it
easier when dealing with the later Debian kernels.  So my understanding is
that I would need FreeSwan or OpenSwan 2.x.  I tried FreeSwan 2, but had
trouble getting the NAT patches working.  And since FreeSwan will be ending,
I decided to see if I could get OpenSwan to work.

> What if you disable the CRL for the time being?

Will just moving the crl file out of the clrs directory do this, or is this
an ipsec.conf option?

Jason