[Openswan Users] openswan 2.1.0rc1 and crls

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Mar 9 17:37:48 CET 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Desai, Jason wrote:

> I am having trouble just getting pluto to run.  It core dumps on me right
> after loading my crl.  If I move my crl to a different directory, pluto will
> start fine, but complains about not being able to load a crl for my ca when
> I try to connect.  I think the crl file is fine.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions?

It seems some crl's or certs trigger a bug in the memory allocation process.
This is what Nat Carlson also ran into. I've reported Nat's bug report,
including the coredump analyses to Andreas.

If you could also get us a coredump read by gdb, this might help the
process.

Note that Openswan is also a little bit behind on the X509 patches. This
should hopefully be fixed within a few days, now that the code changes
caused by some additional ifdef statements has been removed.