[Openswan Users] Openswan and RHEL 3 error xfrm_user module

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Mon Jun 28 15:14:56 CEST 2004

Nicole Hähnel wrote:

> But with kernel 2.4.21-15 and openswan 2.1.1 there was an ipsec interface!

Just to confirm - you're saying that with kernel 2.4.21-15 you got the
following:

- An ipsec interface
- Working tunnels

And now you are saying after the upgrade to 2.4.21-15.0.2 you get the
following:

- There is no more ipsec interface
- Your tunnels no longer work

Is my understanding above correct?

I need to know what to a) put in my bug report to Redhat and b) to
figure out whether changing the kernel on the gateway will potentially
fix my problem of tunnels not coming up at all.

Regards,
Graham