[Openswan Users] Re:

Xiaoming Yu xiaoming at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 21 14:20:01 CEST 2004

We (IBM iSeries) certainly support x.509, but does it mean we have to get a
real one in order to test with Linux? We can issue certificate for our own
platform and can be loaded on Windows, but not sure about Linux. And the
RSA key created on Linux cannot be imported to other platform easily,
right? So back to my original question, do I have to get a real certificate
from trusted CA in order just to test? Thanks,

Xiaoming Yu
Dept. MR6,  VPN Development
IBM Rochester, MN
Phone: (507)253-5829
Email: xiaoming at us.ibm.com

             Nate Carlson
             <natecars at natecar
             lson.com>                                                  To
                                       Xiaoming Yu/Rochester/IBM at IBMUS
             06/21/2004 01:08                                           cc
             PM                        users at lists.openswan.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Openswan Users] Re:

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Xiaoming Yu wrote:
> My problem with that if I have non-Linux non-Windows as the clients, and
> I don't have a real certificate. Can I use RSA in some ways? The goal
> for me is to see how Openswan did NAT Traversal and run some
> interoperability tests. So preshared key seems a quick way to try it.

Most IPSec implementations that I see do now support X.509, except for the
cheap home routers and such.