[Openswan Users] nexthop? why does it exist?

hallian hallian hallian at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 20 20:58:19 CEST 2004

hi all......

I have openswan working fine and clients and road warriors but my problem is
with the next hop field.  It's easy to implement when we have a static
nexthop until it changes some given day then we need to update all the
remote hosts which have a site-2-site connection.  Also, this make
managability a problem too... as the nodes increase it becomes a sys admin
nightmare too.....

so is there anyway to deploy site-2-site solution without the knowing of
nexthop.  I must say... as good as openswan is .... its stupid to determine
the nexthop in advance.

Anyone have any idea on this....... have yet to find a definite explanation
for this..... and what was their thinking processs?

thanks
hallian.