[Openswan Users] Problem with _plutorun script

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Jun 18 16:37:22 CEST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 desantis at csr.unibo.it wrote:

> Linux Debian 3.0r2 , kernel 2.4.26

Thanks.

> result of gdb ( i'm not sure that's it what you want ):
>
> (gdb) core-file /tmp/core
> Core was generated by `/usr/local/libexec/ipsec/pluto --nofork --secretsfile
> /etc/ipsec.secrets --ipse'.
> Program terminated with signal 8, Arithmetic exception.
> #0  0x4001c8b8 in ?? ()
> (gdb) backtrace
> #0  0x4001c8b8 in ?? ()
> #1  0x4002ce7b in ?? ()
> #2  0x400287e4 in ?? ()

Can you use the file statement to point to the pluto executable in your
source tree. Then gdb actually loads the symbols and we can see what those
?? functions are.

> I have never used gdb, give me feedback if you need more detailes or if i have
> to do other test with gdb.

Thanks. I really appreciate you taking this effort to nail this bug.

> ps: the attachment is the core file.

The core isnt useful without the source tree. You need to run this stuff on
your machine.