[Openswan Users] help compiling

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jun 17 20:57:22 CEST 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Matías López Bergero wrote:

> | You should reinstall glibc-kernheaders
>
> I don't have that package on my system.
> sh-2.04# rpm -qa | grep glibc
> glibc-2.2.4-33
> glibc-profile-2.2.4-33
> glibc-common-2.2.4-33
> glibc-devel-2.2.4-33
> sh-2.04#
>
> Looks like this version of redhat(7.1) doesn't uses this package.
> The package that seems to have the glibc headers is glibc-devel.

Older redhat's might have called it different, like kernel-headers or
something? you should really phase out a 7.1 box though.

> If you look at the files provided by this package, this are located on
> the /usr/include/linux /usr/include/asm /usr/include/scsi directories.
> Those are the kernel headers.
> I guess that what I do it is ok. Because I was using a vanilla kernel
> from kernel.org and not the kernel provided by the rpms from redhat.

You might break glibc when using new kernel headers with a glibc that has
been compiled with older kernel headers.
The kernel compile itself ALWAYS uses its own include/linux kernel headers,
and not the /usr/include/linux ones.