[Openswan Users] Major Trouble with x.509 certificates and XP Client

Leonard Tulipan l.tulipan at mpwi.at
Tue Jun 15 16:37:28 CEST 2004

Hi!

I read thru Nate Carlsons Howto Front-To-Back a couple of times. I also
have an article from german c't magazin helping me along.
I have updated to openswan 2.1.2 since I never got it running with freeswan.

Now, attached are the log-files from windows and linux.

I thought it might be some problem so I remade the certs.
I entered "C=AT, L=Wien, O=5th Mind, CN=vpn_ca" as my ID on the windows
side.
I used certimport.exe to import the certs into the xp certificate store
and checked it with mmc. they are there.
Linux seems to load all certs just fine (see log-file)

Now, what strikes me as odd ist this entry:
6-15: 15:16:35:737:284 IKE konnte kein gültiges Computerzertifikat finden.
ruffly translated this is
IKE could not find a valid computercertificate

What am I doing wrong.

Cheers
Leonard