[Openswan Users] RE: Big help... & Openswan+ipv6+dns....help...

Gessler Gerhard Gessler at iabg.de
Mon Jun 14 12:20:25 CEST 2004

Dear Mathieu,

good to hear that my suggestions worked for you to get IPsec for IPv6
running.

Concerning your questions with respect to OE and IPv6, I am afraid but I
have not yet done anything in this topic. I know that D. Hugh Redelmeier
(hugh at mimosa.com) has implemented lots of logic for doing this inside
Pluto and (I think) an additional DNS resolver, but I have never checked
if AAAA queries are also supported. It might be good to contact Hugh
(best via the design list design at lists.freeswan.org and / or directly)
and ask him what he has implemented and what not. He might also be able
to give you an idea where it is necessary to add IPv6 code.

It might also be helpfull if you could already sniff the DNS traffic
which is already exchanged now as it might give us some more insight
what Pluto is doing or not doing with AAAA queries.

Regards,

    Gerhard

Gerhard Gessler

Communication Networks, IABG mbH