SOLVED: Re: [Openswan Users] L2TP & MTU Problem?

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Fri Jul 23 15:43:35 CEST 2004

Dennis Leist schreef:

>> I have troubles while connecting with l2tpd .
>> Server: SuSE 9.1; kernel 2.6; openswan.2.1.4; l2tpd-0.69-8jdl
>> Client: W2k SP4 completley patched (as possible ;-) ) even NAT-T-Patch
>> installed.
  >
> The client only wants to use CHAP MS-v2 and nothing else.
> When I activated CHAP; it worked fine!

Apparently SuSE's pppd does not contain support for MS-CHAP
(v1 or v2). Recent versions of Mandrake for instance support
MS-CHAP out of the box.

By default Windows wants to use MS-CHAP, unless the option
"Require data encryption" is unchecked, or unless you select
"Advanced (custom settings)" and then add CHAP to the allowed
protocols. Like in this screenshot:

http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/screenshots/psk/14addchap.png

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl