[Openswan Users] help with dhcp

Alvaro Reguly openswan at adplabs.com.br
Tue Jul 20 11:31:14 CEST 2004

Hello, I have got it working with Fedora Core 2 with the RPMs from
openswan.org and Windows XP, using certificates.

Now I need some advice to get it working with DHCP that is running behind
the gateway.

I would like to enable the roadwarrior (WinXP) to get an IP from our
intranet and use samba, etc.

roadwarrior  <--> gateway <--> LAN

Roadwarrior is Windows XP with signed certificates, getting dynamic IPs
(nat and without nat).

Gateway is Fedora Core 2 with 2 nics, static public IP, and static private
IP (172.16.0.0/16), it runs DHCP only on the internal NIC, suppling IPs
from 172.16/16 range.

This is what my ipsec.conf looks like now. Can anyone advise me what else
I need to get it working with my LAN ?

Thanks in advance.

version 2.0

config setup
     nat_traversal=yes
     virtual_private=%v4:10.0.0.0/8,%v4:172.16.0.0/12,%v4:192.168.0.0/16

conn %default
     keyingtries=2
     compress=yes
     disablearrivalcheck=no
     authby=rsasig
     leftrsasigkey=%cert
     rightrsasigkey=%cert

conn roadwarrior-net
     #leftsubnet=(your_subnet)/(your_netmask)
     leftsubnet=172.16.0.0/16
     #leftsubnet=200.162.106.160/27
     also=roadwarrior

conn roadwarrior
     left=%defaultroute
     leftcert=adplabs_vortex.pem
     right=%any
     rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%priv
     auto=add
     pfs=yes

conn roadwarrior-l2tp
     pfs=no
     leftprotoport=17/0
     rightprotoport=17/1701
     also=roadwarrior

conn roadwarrior-l2tp-updatedwin
     pfs=no
     leftprotoport=17/1701
     rightprotoport=17/1701
     also=roadwarrior

conn roadwarrior-all
     leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
     also=roadwarrior

--
Alvaro Reguly
ADP Brasil Ltda.
alvaro_reguly at adplabs.com.br
http://www.adplabs.com.br

"Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user friendly.
    It just happens to be selective on who it makes friendship with"