[Openswan Users]L2TP running, but ¿how control "leftsubnet"?

José Julio Hernández Fernández jhernandez at sgi.es
Fri Jul 9 15:41:55 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've got a VPN server (SuSE 9.0, kernel 2.6.6, OpenSWAN 2.1.2), with
Linux and Windows clients running fine. I've been using "e.bootis"
client on Windows, but now I'm testing L2TP client included on W2K and
WinXP. I've got certificates to autenticate against OpenSWAN, and
"noauth" for l2tpd and pppd. Everything goes ok. But I've defined L2TP
connection on ipsec.conf this way to make it work:

conn test_l2tp
        type=transport
        rightid="C=xx, ST=xx, L=xx, O=xx, OU=xx, CN=xx, SN=nn"
        rightsubnetwithin=0.0.0.0/0
        leftprotoport=17/1701
        rightprotoport=17/1701

I need to restrict access to certain subnet (like on "type=tunnel" you
can do with "leftsubnet=1.2.3.0/24"). How can I do that?

Thanks in advance, JJ.