[Openswan Users] cannot respond to IPsec SA request because no connection is known for 0.0.0.0/0

Gregor Bethlen saphira at bethlen.de
Fri Jul 16 09:14:51 CEST 2004

Michael Schwartzkopff  schrieb am 15.07.04 12:52:50:

> Hi,
>
> you propably want to do ipsec transport and no tunnel, since you only have two
> machines. So use
> type = transport
> left = 192.168.1.1
> right = 192.168.1.2
> and forget about the subnets.

Hello,

thanks for the tip. I'll try it. I must confess I don't know the exact difference between transport and tunnel. As you mention "two machines", I guess transport is peer-to-peer and tunnel is site-to-site. Hey, that would make sense ;-)

Anyway, I'll try it. But in the end I want to have a test-environment which enables several clients (maybe with dynamic IP, i. e. DHCP) which can connect to the VPN-Server. If I guess right, I will have to use a "tunnel" for this. The problem would exist then, too. But thanks, for the beginning I can use transport.

Thank you very much,

Gregor