[Openswan Users] Transport mode in 2.6 IPsec

darkness darkness-keyword-gmane.42aa79 at caliginous.net
Fri Jul 16 02:03:22 CEST 2004

I noticed USE_NAT_TRAVERSAL_TRANSPORT_MODE is enabled by default in
Openswan (at least in 2.1.4).  Have the issues regarding security when
using NAT-T and transport mode together (see doc/README.NAT-Traversal)
been solved in kernel 2.4 using the Openswan IPsec kernel implementation?
What about in kernel 2.6 using the built-in IPsec?  I've searched the
Internet, including this list, left and right but found no definitive
answer, just people saying "insecure or not, we need interop with
Windows."

TIA,
darkness