[Openswan Users] duplicating a ipsec config

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Jul 6 12:56:57 CEST 2004

Brad Chang wrote:

> Hi I want to duplicate my ipsec configuration from one server to another
> basically I thought I could just copy over all the folders (I am useing ipsec
> with x.509).  I copied these folders and files over and figured it would work.

It probably should, but my guess is that those two servers are not exactly the
same. Right?

> Jul  5 22:22:37 guardfw2 pppd[7555]: no device specified and stdin is not a tty

This is a problem with l2tpd on kernel 2.6, if the kernel does not support
"Legacy tty" (such as Fedora Core 2's standard kernel). You will probably
have to recompile the kernel with legacy tty support or switch to rp-l2tp.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl