[Openswan Users] Kernel support...

mark markzero at logik.ath.cx
Sun Feb 8 00:12:11 CET 2004

Is there an idiot's guide to setting up IPSec. I am unfortunately
clueless about it. :(

#ipsec verify

Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started
correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path
[OK]
Linux FreeS/WAN Uopenswan-2.0.0/K(no kernel code presently loaded)
Checking for KLIPS support in kernel
[FAILED]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)
[OK]
Checking that pluto is running
[OK]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding
[FAILED]

Opportunistic Encryption DNS checks:
Looking for TXT in forward map: logik
[MISSING]
Cannot execute command "host -t txt logik": No such file or directory
Does the machine have at least one non-private address?
[FAILED]

I don't know how to add KLIPS support in the kernel, I added generic
IPSec support but this did nothing at all. The opportunistic
encryption failed because I haven't set it up yet.

any help would be seriously appreciated,
mark