[Openswan Users] openswan 2.2.0 and pocket pc 2003

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Tue Dec 28 13:19:14 CET 2004

Tomasz Grzelak wrote:

> 'Normal' xp clients can connect, the PPC cannot. The l2tp daemon does not even
> try to run pppd, as I can see in the daemon.log (I posted greater part of the
> log in my first mail).
> Pocket pc is just another client, and it connects from behind NAT, so
> I must use NAT-T anyway.

Is there any way to test without NAT-T? Some GPRS operators force NAT
but perhaps you can try with a WiFi or GSM-data connection which do not
use NAT.

I have tested the Pocket PC emulator which uses the host PC's network card
through NAT and it works. However, I cannot rule out a NAT-T problem because
you wrote that NATed XP clients do work.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl