[Openswan Users] KLIPS FC2 Kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sat Dec 18 17:35:17 CET 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Giovani Moda - MR Informática wrote:

> Ok, there's no freaking way I can get openswan-2.3.0-dr4 to compile the KLIPS module on a FC2 box with kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2. I've been reading some documentation and it appears that kernel 2.6.9 and openswan's KLIPS support don't play well together. Is that right?
>
> If it is, what's the best option? Downgrade kernel or try another distro? Or is there any workaround?
>
> Sorry for being so anoying, but I'm really new at this recompile kernel stuff.

If you *really* want to use KLIPS, you will need to go back a 2.4 kernel for
now. We are working hard to get the last issues fixed to make it work on 2.6,
but we're not there yet.
If you're adventurous, you can try:

KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux-2.6.whatever make module26 m26install

But you better be using cvs HEAD, and not a release.

    Math is case-sensitive
                             --- Ian Goldberg