[Openswan Users] KLIPS FC2 Kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2

Ferdinand O. Tempel pw at linuxops.net
Sat Dec 18 13:51:49 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 10:34 -0200, Giovani Moda - MR Informática wrote:
> Ok, there's no freaking way I can get openswan-2.3.0-dr4 to
> compile the KLIPS module on a FC2 box with kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2. I've
> been reading some documentation and it appears that kernel 2.6.9 and
> openswan's KLIPS support don't play well together. Is that right?
>
> If it is, what's the best option? Downgrade kernel or try another
> distro? Or is there any workaround?

Your kernel already comes with everything you need to be able to use
openswan. Openswan will default to using the native ipsec stack on 2.6
kernels. Just make sure you have ipsec-tools installed for setkey.

Openswan-2.3.x does come with the possibility to compile KLIPS for a 2.6
kernel, but I'd recommend against using it until all the quirks (like
the one you're running into now) are fleshed out.

--
Regards,

Ferdinand O. Tempel

Your friendly neighborhood linuxops.net administrator.