[Openswan Users] KLIPS/COMPRESSION

Jason Sigurdur jason.sigurdur at ASPENVIEW.ORG
Fri Dec 17 14:12:09 CET 2004

Hi, will openswan work with compression with either fedora core 2 or Redhat
2.4.21-15 EL? Or do I need to have KLIPS installed for compression to
Function properly.

I currently have a fedora core 2 system with the latest kernel and
openswan-2.2.0 with 15 vpns that connect to Redhat 8.0 with freeswan-1.99.
Every few days the fedora system has to be restarted pluto starts using 100%
resources. I was told that this was due to a 'kernel problem'.

Currently I am testing a Redhat EL system with kernel 2.4.21-15 and
openswan-2.2.01rhel.i386.rpm (unable to get it working).

jason