[Openswan Users] OpenSwan/SuSE9.2/IPSEC

root mickeydog at taosnet.com
Fri Dec 17 12:12:20 CET 2004

I am using SuSE Professional 9.2. The vpn client provided by the
 university does not worth with SuSE. I want to know if i can use OpenSwan
 to communicate with their server. The server is a Radius
 server. The options I have on the dialer enable transparent tunnelling,
 allowing IPSEC over UDP (NAT/PAT)

 The connection entry I use looks like this:

 [main]
 Description= MyUniv VPN Access
 Host=aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
 AuthType=1
 GroupName=myGroupName
 GroupPwd=
 enc_GroupPwd=aaaaxx8By8t7afaefelkjapoijeglkaesrgopijadgl;kjasdg3eoj324324lkjasdfkja
 EnableISPConnect=0
 ISPConnectType=1
 ISPConnect=
 ISPCommand=
 Username=gregokin
 SaveUserPassword=0
 UserPassword=
 enc_UserPassword=
 NTDomain=
 EnableBackup=0
 BackupServer=
 EnableMSLogon=0
 MSLogonType=1
 EnableNat=1
 CertStore=0
 CertName=
 CertPath=
 CertSubjectName=
 CertSerialHash=00000000000000000000000000000000
 DHGroup=2
 ForceKeepAlives=0
 PeerTimeout=90
 EnableLocalLAN=1
 TunnelingMode=0
 TcpTunnelingPort=10000
 SendCertChain=0

 If i can do this with Open VPN, can someone give me an outline of what i
 need to do?

 Thanks,
 Mick