[Openswan Users] L2TP + Openswan

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Wed Dec 15 17:22:57 CET 2004

Giovani Moda wrote:

>> Setting 0.0.0.0 in l2tp.conf is not allowed. That is, rp-l2tp bombed
>> on me when I used it.
>
> Really? At my tests I ran rp-l2tp with those settings, and it worked.

I got the following error:
"Error: Peer x.x.x.x is not authorized to create a tunnel"
But when I added "mask 0" it did work. Thanks for bringing this to
my attention.

> Kernel recompile, here I go. I would like to thank you all for the
> support. Really, I would have no idea of what to do without your help.

With the 2.3.0 developers release you're really on the cutting edge.
I haven't tested it myself yet. I don't know if it has been tested
with L2TP at all. Or NAT-T in transport mode for that matter.

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl