[Openswan Users] Hung sessions in 2.1.[45] under 2.6.7

Shane Hickey shane at howsyournetwork.com
Thu Aug 26 13:59:32 CEST 2004

Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> [2004-08-26 20:05]:
> WARNING: if your gentoo kernel both has /proc/net/pfkey and
> /proc/net/ipsec_version then you suffer the same problem as another
> Gentoo user on irc: A kernel with two IPsec stacks.

Hmm... I have /proc/net/pfkey, but not /proc/net/ipsec_version.  What's with the latter one?  KLIPS patches or something?

> If so, ditch the gentoo kernel and run your own. Or build modulair so
> you can pick which module to load.

Yeah, I may do that.  I was having problems with the vanilla 2.4.27 when I applied klips patches and grsecurity patches so I was hoping I could defer to someone else's better patch judgement.  I think that gentoo's hardened-dev-sources just has the native 2.6 ipsec stuff.

Thanks for the help!

Shane

--
Shane Hickey <shane at howsyournetwork.com>: Network/System Consultant