[Openswan Users] Please, please help! WinXP Roadwarrior won't connect! (logsincluded)

José Julio Hernández Fernández jhernandez at sgi.es
Fri Aug 13 10:37:34 CEST 2004

Hi, Karim

I got this from WinXP roadwarriors before... I can't remember if it got
fixed with "leftsendcert=always" on VPN server's ipsec.conf, or changing
on roadwarriors' ipsec.conf rightca="C=xx, O=xx, OU=xx, CN=xx,
E=xx at xx.xx" by the good one. Content inside "" it's very important to be
exactly what Windows or IPSEC.exe needs, I mean, spaces (blanks) are
important... It can be get in right way from MMC (Microsoft Management
Console) --> Ipsec security policy (local machine) --> FreeSwan --> (any
of your IP filters) --> authentication methods --> modify --> [and now
choice the right one, copy it's description from the text box, and paste
at your roadwarrior's ipsec.conf].

Hope it helps.

Bests regards, JJ.