[Openswan Users] Please, please help! WinXP Roadwarrior won't connect! (logs included)

trevor-os at thennion.demon.co.uk trevor-os at thennion.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 11:29:49 CEST 2004

Karim,

My guess is you have TWO errors -
The XP Certificate is not being found - the Oakley log gives an error.
Make sure the details in the XP ipsec.conf file are correct. The certificates
appear to be installed OK, but the XP system is not finding the certificates
with the info in it's ipsec.conf file.

In the Linux /etc/ipsec.conf file there is no mention of  192.168.13.13 which
appears at the end of the Oakley log, and I assume if the XP's local IP
address.

I have a VPN system running which works with Linux, W2k and XP machines quite
happily.  Uses individual X509 certificates not PSK though.

Regards

Trevor Hennion