[Openswan Users] Please, please help! WinXP Roadwarrior won't connect! (logs included)

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Sat Aug 14 17:33:20 CEST 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Karim 'Kasi Mir' Senoucci wrote:
> YES! THAT'S IT! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
>
> Sorry, for my sudden burst of shouting, but re-building a new CA and
> re-issuing the certs without the ampersand really did the trick. Now,
> everything runs fine; I'll have to re-issue all the Linux certs, too, as
> the CA changed, but that's nothing compare to the endless hours this
> small '&' cost me.

Glad to hear it's working!

> Thanks to everyone who helped here for their inputs, especially to Paul
> and Nate, who figured out what I did wrong. Now, I can finally enjoy my
> weekend. :-)

Just wish one of us had ntoiced that earlier for you.  :)

Does anyone happen to know if this is a bug in Windows itself, or just in
the ipsec.exe parser? If it's in ipsec.exe, it'd be nice to get that
fixed.

I suppose one test would be to set up a tunnel by hand under Windows using
the cert.. but bleah, haven't done that for years.  :)