[Openswan Users] Please, please help! WinXP Roadwarrior won't connect! (logs included)

Karim 'Kasi Mir' Senoucci kasi.mir at melzone.de
Sat Aug 14 19:48:59 CEST 2004

Hello everyone,
Paul Wouters wrote:

[...]
>It is very dangerous to use special characters in these fields. Can you
>try CA and a cert without the ampersand? (&)

Nate Carlson wrote:

[...]
>Have you tried removing the '&'? Non alphanumberic characters can cause
>problems.

YES! THAT'S IT! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sorry, for my sudden burst of shouting, but re-building a new CA and
re-issuing the certs without the ampersand really did the trick. Now,
everything runs fine; I'll have to re-issue all the Linux certs, too, as
the CA changed, but that's nothing compare to the endless hours this
small '&' cost me.

Thanks to everyone who helped here for their inputs, especially to Paul
and Nate, who figured out what I did wrong. Now, I can finally enjoy my
weekend. :-)

Greetings
Karim Senoucci