[Openswan Users] Please, please help! WinXP Roadwarrior won't connect! (logs included)

Karim 'Kasi Mir' Senoucci kasi.mir at melzone.de
Fri Aug 13 19:35:04 CEST 2004

Hello Gregor,
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Gregor Bethlen wrote:

[...]
>Ehm, you said before you have tried it the way I described. But on that
>way I meant to select to storage manually. So try to import the whole
>p12-file once to your personal storage and once to the trusted root
>storage. Delete the personal cert in the trusted root storage and
>delete the ca cert in the personal storage.

Okay, I will try that tonight when I get back to my XP machine. I will
post the results back here.

>This is the last thing I can offer you. Don't try to cut and past the
>certificates. Delete them and import them twice (once personal, once
>trusted root).

I never cut and/or pasted them before, but I will make sure I don't do
it this time either.

[...]
>Sorry I can't help you further. It might be possible that you need to
>apply a patch from windowsupdate (I don't know, my computer was
>patched, so maybe it is not necessary).

My XP machine has every XP patch before SP2 included, apart from three
or four updates to Outlook Express, which I don't use.

Thanks for the help so far.

Greetings
Karim Senoucci